Friday, July 22, 2011

Fun in the sun and potty training

I am beyond excited to go on holidays. I cannot wait to sit by the lake with a lemonade in hand while watching Kaiya throw sand. What I am not looking forward to is the 7 hour drive there, then the 7 hour drive back, yuck! I hope Kaiya is a good travellor, if not, I think I might have to bring some ear plugs.

After coming home from the lake Kaiya and I start the dreaded potty training. Am I pushing it too early? Is she ready? I cannot answer this question, nor do I think anyone can. It's hard to tell when your child really is ready. Some show signs, some don't. Some teach themselves, others need to be pushed. All I can do is try. Trial and error I guess.

I had a non parent ask me the other day how you go about potty training a child. All I could say is "I don't know, I guess I will find out." All I know is that I am excited to get Kaiya out of diapers, atleast during the day. Wish me luck! I may need all I can get. If you have any tips, I am open to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment