Monday, July 25, 2011

Adventures in Sourdough

Sourdough Starter


Sourdough before rising overnight

After rising overnight. Wow! That's a lot of dough!


Ok, so I may have made a really wonky looky bread.


At least one turned out to be picture worthy.



Yes, I am on holidays. I have anticipated for my blog to be slow so I have made a post a head of time, call me a cheater if you would like :P

I received a little bit of sourdough starter from one of Blair's coworkers a month or so ago. I was so excited to get it, I have never had sourdough starter before therefore I have never cooked with it. So far I have been buns (numerous of times), cinnamon buns, biscuits, pancakes, banana bread and the classic sourdough bread. I love baking with it so far. Although the pancakes and the biscuits did not turn out, everything else has been a roaring success!

No comments:

Post a Comment