Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Home at last and almost in tears

Our week away was great. the weather was slightly disappointing, our cabin was slightly disappointing and babe came home tired, whiney and full of beans but all in all it's still nice to get out of town for a while.

Since coming come I have been dreading the potty training that I have planned for Kaiya. Is she ready? What if she isn't, will this set her back even more? I was having nightmare about it. I have heard horror stories about trying to potty train and all I could think about was "oh god, this is going to be Kaiya." She is stubborn and no one can tell her what to do.

Well today is day one of potty training. How's it going? SHITTY! She is that child that you hear stories about. She has peed her pants 8 times, and pooped her pants once and not a drop in the potty since we started at 8:00 this morning. What a disaster.

I put her on the potty every 20 minutes (sometimes earlier). I feed her candy, chips, juice etc. all to entice her to stay there and pee. She is doing great at pulling her panties on and off and although we had a little hick up this morning where she didn't want to even sit on the potty, we are back to sitting there for about 5 minutes at a time. Still nothing. As soon as she walks away BAM! She pees. I am so frustrated!

I am about ready to throw in the towel. But I will stick it out till about Friday, if I haven't seen any progress then I will put it on the back burner for another month. Any suggestions?


No comments:

Post a Comment