Monday, April 5, 2010

There is no place like home

I love going home to the prairies to visit my extended family. I really don't get done there enough. I think the last time Blair and I made the drive was about 2 years ago (so we calculated on the drive down). I just enjoy seeing everyone, visiting and catching up, and meeting the new family members (babies and boyfriends)

One of the highlights of our trip I have to say is meeting my cousins baby girl Sofia. She is so cute!! She made my weekend. Her little character is so distinct already, my cousin is going to have so much fun with her.

Nanook and Kaiya both did well on the farms. Nanook was in his glory... new smells, new doggies, come and go as you please, chasing birds, meeting cows... yay! That was the life. He has been sleeping all day so far trying to recuperate from all the fun. Kaiya was just taking it all in. She was a little fussy on Saturday night (after not napping for hours) and she has started to play shy with people, but she has learned to pick up her soother and put it in all by herself. If only she can learn to not throw it out of the crib at night.

The only thing that was missing from my weekend was my little brother. I wish he could of made it down.

What a great weekend, but there is just no place like home :)

No comments:

Post a Comment