Thursday, November 19, 2009

Urg

I know that I spend most of my blogging time talking about my babe, but truth be told, I have no life. My babe is my life now and I don't get out of the house much except for doctors appointments and play dates. So a little update on my life so far.

My baby is now 7 weeks old.. wow! I am hoping that she has now reached the peak of her fussiness and I can start to say that my days are filled with smiles and giggles instead of tears and screams. For her 7 week celebration we spent some time in urgent care for an eye infection... yuck! Where we also discovered Thrush... double yuck! Now we have a handful of ointments and drops to play with and a screaming baby who doesn't want any of them. I really hope that everything clears up and soon. I really would like my sweet Kaiya back.

My unbroken (fingers crossed) glider for the nursery has arrived. All we need to do is exchange them now. I requested it in a lighter brown color since the broken one looks almost black so we will see if I got it or not. I have a feeling that I shouldn't hold my breath.

My brother has returned home, safe and sound from South America. I cannot wait to see him and hear stories. He was wanting to do a mini documentary on the shark fishing that takes place down there so we will see if he got any footage.

On a side note, I had my follow up ultrasound today to make sure my insides are what they are supposed to be post baby. As the women was poking around via vag cam I was lying there thinking how wonderful it would be if she all of a sudden said "Would you like to see your baby? And there is the heart beat." I know what you are thinking WTF is wrong with this chick?! She just had a baby 7 weeks ago and would love to hear that she was pregnant again?! Let me set you straight. I do not wish I was pregnant so soon afterwards, but the ultrasound brought back good and bad memories. We struggled for so long to get pregnant and I heard so many times from the ultrasound tech that there was nothing in there that it made me sad to think that again, I am empty. Unfortunately infertility isn't something that just goes away. I will always struggle with the fact that we could not conceive on our own.

No comments:

Post a Comment