Monday, November 23, 2009

I guess you can add me to the zombie race

There is so many things that I mean to write about and just either forget or get too busy and it falls to the way side. Here is one of them

A couple weeks ago Blair and I took the plunge and begame guinee pigs for the government. Although over 600 thousand people in Alberta have done the same, I still feel very strange about it. Blair and I got the H1N1 flu shot. I know I haven't written my views on vacinations before so it's hard to judge what the hell I am talking about but for us it was a struggle in going to get it done. The only thing that got us through that door is our little girl and that it has great potential in protecting her from it if we don't have it.

I hate to think how fast they pumped this vaccine out and what the potential side effects can be. Would I of given it to Kaiya if she was 6 months? It's hard to say. I don't like the idea that the government is going at this blind and that we could all end up as zombies from I am Legend because of it. I would NOT of gotten it if I was pregnant still, hell no! I wasn't about to give birth to a flipper baby.

I am not objective to all vaccines. I plan on getting all of Kaiya's shots next week, when she is 2 months old. I do believe in giving my baby the best possible survival rate that I can give her. If that means that there is an incredibly small, insignificant chance of Autism (which is not a proven, or a disproved fact) Then I would much rather have my baby alive then dead from a disease that could of been prevented.

No comments:

Post a Comment