Monday, July 13, 2009

Not so great Doctors appointment

Last Friday I had my 28 week check up at the clinic. Going in I wasn't too worried, I have been feeling good, I know I gained a little bit more weight than I was supposed to but it isn't out of control so I thought it would just be a regular "Yup looks good" kind of appointment.


Turns out I failed my Gestational Diabetes test and I had to go in this morning to get the second one done. Not so fun. I had an appointment at 8:30, they took my blood to check my glucose level to start to make sure it was low enough ( I had to fast since last night ) then I drink this super sweet kinda nasty tasting liquid that I am convinced is just pure glucose and then we wait. an hour later they take more blood and then we wait. Yet another hour later more blood is drawn and I am free to go. Hurray! I didn't get out of there till almost 11:00. What a long time to be sitting in a blood lab for.

To top it off, I was informed that I am also probably anemic. Which really isn't a big deal, but explains why I have been light headed and I am measuring at 29 weeks instead of 28.

Good news, baby is doing good. Head is down and the heart beat was at 150.

No comments:

Post a Comment