Tuesday, May 21, 2013

My turn to dodge the C word

A few years ago I started to develop a pain in my muscle right above my left knee. The more active I was, the more it hurt. Then a mass formed. I never thought anything of it. I put it at the back of my mind thinking "it's just a muscle that is irritated. Just over worked." But it wasn't. It never went away and just over a week ago I was sent for a MRI in order to make sure that my lovely mass was not in deed cancer. All of my previous tests came back inconclusive. The doctors just weren't sure. I was given a 50/50 chance that it could be a malignant tumor. Here I was once again faced with the C word, only this time it was my body and not Blair's.
Yesterday I received my results. I walked into that doctor's office with a lump in my throat as well as on my leg. Benign, good news. I swallowed my lump. But the tumor is smack dab in the middle of the muscle and is filled with blood vessels meaning that it may be inoperable, bad news.
I have been referred to an orthopaedic surgeon in order to get the final take on whether or not they will operate.
 Some families grow tomatoes, we grow tumors.

No comments:

Post a Comment