Friday, December 31, 2010

Going out with a bust

This morning both Blair and got a crappy start to the day, I really hope this doesn't reflect on how 2011 is going to be. First off I lost my security badge for work. Not only does this get me in and out of the building but it also gets me in and out of the reception area. Only me, one other co-worker and the building maintenance people (oh and IT I guess too) have access to this room. Well this week is what we call PDO's (paid days off) for all of the employees (may I also remind you that I am NOT an employee, I am a contractor) and everyone has the week off, including all those who potentially have access to the reception area. With no one to let me in, I cannot unlock the front doors for the employees. Needless to say, I have to work :( So after almost an hour of tearing mine and my moms house apart I finally gave up and called my coworker. I was able to run to her home and borrow her swipe card and yay, I was only 30 minutes late for work.

To add icing on the cake for Blair, we switched cars this morning since we hadn't gotten the other car seat in his since we took it out for travelling to Saskatchewan which is not a big deal since he needed to drop babe off at my moms. When I lost my key he helped search high and low for it, putting him behind for the morning. After I had left and he was dropping Babe off at Nana's he realized that all of HIS work keys were in my pocket, since I drove his car. He in turn had to race to my work, get his keys and run to work for an early morning appointment with a client. What a sh*t show!!!

1 comment:

  1. What a way to start the day! Wow. Stressful mornings like that are never fun.

    ReplyDelete