Friday, October 8, 2010

Juggling is hard to do

Thanksgiving is this weekend and it is always a big to do. It's hard to juggle 2 families sometimes. I envy those whose in-laws live far away, not only are you not having to try and plan two dinners, two different nights and at least one disapointed family, but you also get at least one night to celebrate the holidays with just your own little family. This weekend like every other weekend Blair and I will be like two ships passing and every day off together will be spent with others as well. Not that I am complaining that we have so much family, just that it's very exhausting and at times I find myself needing a holiday from the holidays.

1 comment:

  1. There are definitely perks to having only one family here (like holiday juggling) but there's more bad than good to it. We only have one set of grandparents to babysit, only get one turkey dinner at Thanksgiving and Christmas and miss them all like crazy! I'm the opposite of you, I envy people who have both families nearby ;-)

    ReplyDelete