Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Ok, so since I have been on mat leave (two weeks tomorrow) I really have been slacking on my blog. It's not because I have been lazy, oh contraire, it's because I have been doing so much walking and jumping on trampolines to get this baby out that I have been absent.

Today according to my docs is my due date. I was so hoping to not make it to this date, as does every expecting mom, but here I am, 3 cm dilated, 50% effaced (as of last Thursday) and still having false labour. when the hell is the real thing going to start.

On Sunday Blair and I took the pup to the off leash park for our monkey to get his puppy kicks in and low and behold I started getting contractions as soon as we got there. We walked around, I wasn't too concerned and didn't start timing them, but after almost an hour I told Blair it was probably time to go. As soon as we got into the car I actually started timing them. Holy crap they were a minute long, and 3 minutes apart!!!! I finally piped up and told Blair "Honey Bear, I think today is the day" We kept timing them together, they were darn good ones where I could barely talk threw them and I was bracing myself and squeezing the chair when they came. It took us about 40 minutes to get home, and when we finally arrived I walked upstairs, finished packing my bag, grabbed Baby's bag and headed for the front door. We literally were ready to walk out and head to the hospital when the contractions completely stopped. I was livid!!!

The frustration I feel is so overwhelming. It wouldn't be so bad if the Doctors haven't told me that I was ready to give birth 2 weeks ago, and that the contractions aren't turning into active labour, and my whole false labour experience never happened. I feel like I am being teased. Oh well, it'll happen for sure within 10 days!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sending lots of luck your way! Sounds like it will happen soon. Keep walking lots, and don't forget S-E-X!! ;)

    ReplyDelete