Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Home Sweet Home


Wow what a trip! It was so nice to sneak away from responsibility for 10 days. Both Blair and I were itching for a rest from the rat race. It was amazing we did so much! Saw so much! Visited so much, we just could not believe how fast everything went, and how rushed it felt. Next time we are spending way more time in each spot. Unfortunately we did so much that I have to break it down into separate posts so not to over whelm you.

We left home on Friday night right after work and arrived in Golden where we spent the night in a cute little B&B. the breakfast was amazing! Bacon, eggs, fruit cereals, everything!

From there we went onto Langley to visit our good friends T & D. On Sunday they played tour guide and took us out to Stanley park where we walked around and had an amazing picnic. I love D's cooking so much that I wish she could come live with us. She uses the freshest ingredients and everything is just bursting with flavour, the best part is it's so healthy for you that you could never feel guilty about over indulging. After Stanley park we walked along the ocean wall and grabbed a boat taxi to Grand Ville Island. What a cute little place, I got to see where the Art school Emily Carr is situated and most of the little vendors in there I swear must be Art School grads.
After the big tour we headed out to Steamworks for a bite to eat and a beer (not for me) before the Coldplay concert. That's right! You heard it correct we got tickets to Coldplay! They put on an amazing show and for Blair's first concert he was more than impressed. What a day, I was so sore from walking around and so tired that I got back to their place and just crashed!
Pictures of us on the boat Taxi

Our Amazing friends T&D

My handsome husband

Me

No comments:

Post a Comment