Saturday, December 15, 2012

The trying month of December

I have to admit that this month so far has been a tough one for me. Poor miss Elodie has been battling the flu off and on for a few weeks now. Every time we think that she is feeling better her bowels explode and her temper flares. I think she may be popping a few teeth too, it's hard to tell since she doesn't let us look in her mouth too often.

Kaiya has been pretty good. We bought her an advent calendar for Christmas. On the first day of December she snuck off with it and ate about half a dozen chocolates. Our new Scout Elf (Elf on the Shelf) Jingle Jangle was not impressed. He took the calendar away for a day and she hasn't done it since. It's definitely been a fun Christmas season this year Kaiya is really into it and it puts me in the Christmas mood too.

Christmas Eve, day and evening are always a bit stressful for me. Blair and I always feel obligated to attend every family gathering that is thrown. Last year we spent most of our time driving around from house to house and not enough time relaxing and just enjoying Christmas so this year we vowed not to do that again. We will have one per family. It's been really challenging though trying to figure out where we will be spending Christmas day this year. We actually thought of spending it alone. It was supposed to be at my Mothers but since my sister is not going to be there (she will be spending it with her new husbands family) my Mother has decided to forfeit her year with us. I didn't want to not see my family on Christmas day since it's been 2 years since it was their turn but that would mean driving to 3 houses that day (My moms, Blair moms, then his Aunt's who is hosting the dinner) and once again, something we did not want to do. I guess we shall see what plays out.

Being back at work full time has taken a toll on me emotionally. I miss my babies. With the sadness that hit Connecticut it makes me rethink my decision to be a working mom, in fact it makes me rethink my decision of putting Elodie and Kaiya in public school....period. I know I cannot protect them from life but I am seriously considering home schooling. I know that may be a little bit extreme on my part but I am scared to death of sending them to school and them not being safe. What has this world come to?!


No comments:

Post a Comment