Tuesday, August 28, 2012

My head is spinning

The last couple weeks have been chaotic. It started off with a little camping trip to Gull Lake. This is the second year that we have headed there and I am still enjoying it. The campsites aren't as treed as those is K country and the sand at the beach is almost muddy but the water is warm and there are NO BEARS! My little family exclusively tents so to have the peace of mind of no bears coming and snatching away my offspring is a bonus.

My parents and little bro met us out there with their boat for the day and I finally got to wakeboard. It's been about 2 years since I have had a wake boarding opportunity (due to pregnancy). It felt awesome. There is something about water sports and sitting on a motor boat that gets my endorphins flowing. Being at a lake is my happy place.

When coming home we discovered a little glitch in one of our custom jobs at the house and so I spent the next few days in and out of the new house, emailing, researching etc. It was a bit of a mess. I have come to accept that the custom things we are getting are just going to have to be subpar. We are building with a cookie cutter home company after all.

My sister is getting married in about 5 days now. I am one of the bridesmaids so I get to wear a sexy black dress. I'm super excited. Maybe I can pawn my girls off on Nana and Papa for an hour or two and Blair and I can pretend to be on a date. It's been way too long!

The girls are getting so big as well. Elodie is cruising! She is so fast at crawling that I am having a tough time keeping up. She's not the best eater, she is a little picky but she is still just as chunky. She does enjoy Nanook's dog food though (which makes me throw up in my mouth every time she gets one). She is now saying Mama, Dada, Nana and signing. Kaiya is getting to be such a little person. Her speech is so advanced now and her energy level is out of control. She just does not stop moving, ever! I cannot wait to get into the new house and set up the jungle gym in the backyard.



Sexy Whale Pose. I'm such a nerd.




Watch out Carson, the whale is going to eat you!


Carson and Kaiya getting their frisbee lessons

Daddy building sand castles with the kidlets

Elodie's first tube ride.

She fell asleep. I think she liked it.

Row minions, row.


My baby bro catching some air

My version of catching some air

S'more please!

Mermaid Mommy!

Mermaid Kaiya

Like I said, muddy sand.


And.... a sneak peak of our home:




No comments:

Post a Comment