Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Everyone loves Marine Land!




























What's a trip down East without a visit to Marine Land. I have wanted to go here ever since I was small and I have to say that it was a little disappointing. More of an Amusement park than a "marine" land for sure. I expected aquarium after aquarium, animal and fish and invertebrates oh my, but what you get is one Orca, lots of Beluga's, a few dolphins, seals and one walrus. Ok and some fish in about 5 tanks. Very lame, but amazing to see the Orca in real life anyways. Oh and I got to pet a Beluga ( Kaiya was sleeping so I took her turn haha), very similar to a dolphin but more squishy (I guess it must have more blubber stored up for those arctic swims).


1 comment:

  1. I always wanted to go to Marine Land as a kid, but my Uncle had warned my parents that it wasn't all it was cracked up to be, so they decided to save the money and not take us.

    ReplyDelete