Monday, February 8, 2010

Kaiya's Baptism


Yesterday we got Kaiya baptized. It was so exciting because she got to wear a pretty dress and my grandparents got to meet her for the first time. They live about 4 hours away, but being farmers it is hard for them to find the time between harvesting and calving season to make the trip to see her.


She was having a rough day, she didn't sleep well the night before. I'm not sure if it was due to her going through a growing spurt, or because we had her godfather staying with us and I was jumping at her every whimper to not wake him. Then to top it everyone on my side of the family went out for brunch in the morning which fell smack dab in the middle of her morning nap which meant that she got 30 minutes of sleep, then the ceremony when she should of had her afternoon nap and finally everyone came back to our home and she just was not interested in napping at all since the excitement was too great. Poor little girl was exhausted to say the least. It was a very big day for her.


The ceremony was lovely. It was a group baptism and there was 10 other babies who were in line to get water poured ontheir heads, so it was loud and long with all the screaming babes. Kaiya did great for having very little sleep. She passed out in Daddy's arms immediately afterwards, very cute. I completely forgot my camera so I am still waiting on pictures from my mom's but I did get one of her in her beautiful dress.

1 comment: