Tuesday, January 19, 2010

"When are you going to start trying again"

Yes we are starting to get that crazy question about when our next baby is going to be born. It is rather soon after Kaiya's arrival, but everyone seems to think that since we took so long to get pregnant the first time, sooner rather than later is a good idea to start. To tell you the truth, the thought of "trying" again scares the crap out of me. Not because we could end up pregnant right away and having two babies so close together, but more because "trying" for us was hell. Going through the negative pregnancy test and month after month of not getting pregnant, the tears, the blame and the feelings of being a failure at something that should be so easy. Pregnancy loss is also a big scare for me since I know first hand what that is like (especially after a year and a bit of not getting pregnant, only to lose it) I almost lost myself when we were trying the first time and I do not want to go through that again, I am absolutely dreading it! We do however want to try and get pregnant naturally again, so running to the fertility clinic right away when we are ready isn't an option.

So to put everyones mind at ease, or just to curb your curiosity, Blair and I are not going to be throwing caution to the wind just yet. I waited years for my baby girl and I am going to enjoy every piece of her before I have to share my attention with another. I think it'll be another couple years before we introduce another babe into the world (if we are so blessed to have that option again).

No comments:

Post a Comment