Monday, January 11, 2010

20 things of 2009

I found this cute survery on a random blog and I had to give it a whirl!

1. What did you do in 2009 that you had never done before?
Other than stay pregnant and give birth :) There were a lot of firsts last year but one of my favorite things was feeding the fat seals in Victoria. That was awesome!


2. Did you keep your New Year's Resolutions and will you make more for next year?
The only one I really kept was to de-stress and accept the out come of whatever happens (mostly when it came to getting pregnant) I wanted to make the motto "whatever will be, will be" my own and I did.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Other than myself, my neighbor. She had a beautiful baby boy about 3 weeks after me. Of course now that I am on mat leave I have met some awesome women who are also on mat leave, which means that they gave birth last year too. So really I can answer by saying a ton :)


4. Did anyone close to you die?
I had a wonderful family friend who just passed away at 26 from a massive heart attack. We weren't close after our teens, but we sure were when we were young. It was a shock and he was such a wonderful person with a new wife and a 1 year old baby. He is always in my thoughts.


5. What places have you visited?We didn't do much travelling, but we did go to Vancouver and Victoria. It wasn't anywhere fancy, but I loved it just the same. Visiting family and friends while exploring a new place, it was great.




6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
A sister in law


7. What date from 2009 will remain etched in your memory and why?
Of course this is obvious, September 30th because my Papaya was born.


8. What was your biggest achievement this year?
Giving birth. I was so proud of myself that I could do it. It was a wonderful experience and the biggest thing I have ever accomplished.





9. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nope, I was healthy


10. What was the best thing you bought?
I guess my Blackberry. It wasn't the best thing, but it definitely was the most expensive, since Nanook ate the last one Ha


11. Where did most of your money go?
Other than bills, and new baby? Is there supposed to be money left over from that?

12. What song will always remind you of 2009?
Do I have to pick?! How about anything from Coldplay since that was the concert we went to in Vancouver with Todd and Dana.

13. What do you wish you would have done more of?
If we had unlimited funds I would always love to travel more.


14. What do you wish you would have done less of?
Stressing. Especially over family

15. What was your favorite TV program?
Glee and Supernatural.

16. What was the best book you read this year?
Swan Song by Robert McCammon


17. What was your favorite film of the year?
District 9, it made me sad that it could possibly be the way we would treat stranded aliens from another planet.


18. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?
I was 27, and I don't think I did much. Go out for supper maybe. Boring!


19. What political issue stirred you the most?
I don't follow politics.

20. Who was the best new person you met?
I have met so many wonderful people last year that I cannot even think to name just one as the "best".

No comments:

Post a Comment