Thursday, October 8, 2009

1 week old already!

Wow I cannot believe that my baby girl is already 1 week old.
We are doing good, struggling with the breast feeding thing but I think we are 90% there. It has definitely been a trying week. I knew what to expect when we decided to get pregnant, but no matter how prepared you are, you are never prepared. I wish some days that we are bottle feeding her because then Blair and I could switch off and on for feedings, but that will never happen, the benefits of breast feeding are way to important to me to give up yet.
We had our first day of cloth diapering, I like them. I felt better using them than disposables. I just felt like I was throwing so much away. We used the Gabby's all in one all day and then when we ran out of those I was going to start using the prefolds till laundry day. But low and behold I went to put the prefolds on and they were way too big! They say they are for 8lbs and up, but my goodness they looked like she was swimming in them. So for this moment we have the disposables back on her. Sigh..... I guess I need more all in ones. a dozen just doesn't do it lol.
I have to admit that I am suffering a bit from the baby blues. I love my baby girl with all my heart and I have never loved anything so much but at times (especially in the evenings) I find myself crying. Probably more from exhaustion than anything else. Yesterday I actually caught myself thinking that I was ready to give her back. Not true of course, but the overwhelming responsibility and the lack of sleep are taking their toll on me. I hope this feeling passes soon so that I can get back to just enjoying her.

No comments:

Post a Comment