Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Wrath of God


Yesterday was a very sad day in my house. Sunday night we had sch a horrific storm, winds were out of control, and hail the slammed into the side of the house. We were lucky, a lot of people ended up with dented cars, ripped up siding and whole lot of damage. Us, we lost our garden. I have put all my elbow grease and sweat into this garden since may. It was a bad year to begin with since right after I planted everything it snowed (surprise, surprise) and I ended up losing my cucumbers and a tomato plant. Then with our condominium deciding to over water the grass it was creating a marsh like ecosystem in my backyard stunting the growth of my plants. But in the last few weeks, with the swamp dried out and the idea of snow way off in the back of my mind, my garden has really started to blossom. I was getting tomatoes on the plants I had replaced, my carrots were going through a growth spurt, and my peas were actually flowering and getting a lot of height.


Monday morning I stepped outside to investigate the damage and discovered that my entire garden was shredded. It looks like someone has taken a weed whacker and just went to town. I had a hard time holding back the tears. It is definitely too late now to replant. Good bye garden..... maybe next year. *La Sigh*










1 comment: